The GDPR will come into effect from 25th May 2018, bringing significant changes in data processing and huge repercussions for non-compliance. Despite the legislation having been in circulation for two years, most businesses are not yet prepared to comply with the standards set out by the GDPR.
As with all new legislation, it can be difficult to identify how it will affect your industry and specifically your business.
In this half-day workshop, you will become more confident in preparing for the GDPR and leave with a toolkit to help you on your way to compliance. The course will help you to find out more about:
- The myths surrounding GDPR
- Exactly what the GDPR is and what it is not
- Key changes that the GDPR brings
- The cross over between the GDPR and cyber security
- How to assess the impact the GDPR will have on your business
- How you can prepare for the GDPR (including a toolkit)
- Key considerations for the future
Chris Houghton is the CEO of Managed IT Services provider, Eventura. Chris enjoyed a stellar career working for some of the world’s best known technology firms including military and private sectors before founding the Greater Manchester based company.
Eventura works with businesses of all sizes in a variety of sectors by providing Managed IT Services, ERP solutions and consultancy relating to cyber security and compliance, with GDPR services being a recent addition to the offering.
For more information, check out www.eventura.com