This telemarketing workshop is aimed at helping small businesses to develop telemarketing skills in their staff. It is suitable for both experienced telemarketers and novices.
The workshop(s) comprise of 4 parts of approximately 1 hour each:
- Part 1 – The Pitch
- Part 2 – Conversation Development and Objection Handling
- Part 3 – The Close
- Part 4 – Getting Past the Gatekeeper
Parts 1, 2 and 3 focus on writing a telemarketing script which is in three parts: -
- Pitching to describe the features and benefits of the product or service in a brief and relevant way;
- Conversation development and objection handling aims to show how to involve the prospective customer, to discover their concerns and needs and to overcome their objections in such a way as to turn objections into buying signals.
- The close suggests ways of closing the call on an appointment or if this is not possible on this call to keep a dialogue open for subsequent calls. There is also a short video of about 4 minutes from a tv detective series to illustrate a closing technique.
Part 4 Getting Past the Gatekeeper explores ways of overcoming blocks by a receptionist such as no-name policies or, alternatively, getting the most information from the receptionist/gate keeper in order to set up a subsequent, more successful call.
Course Leader - Mary Doyle is a qualified teacher with 10 years experience as Director of Cheshire Telemarketing.